Thanks

So there we were... with Ivan

"Dude what are you doing?" I asked Cole as he runs around killing zombies on the docks near Mitrovice.

"I don't know what I'm doing man!" He shouts over Skype, gleefully shooting the odd zombie in the face with his Makarov. This is his first time really playing Origins and he knows no better.

"I think this guy is glitched man," he says calmly as I hear a whole mag get emptied from his pistol.

I sidestep from where I'm looting inside a hangar to peer out the door at my friend. To my amusement an orange lab coated zombie is attacking Cole.

"Crap I'm out of ammo. Why won't this guy die? Stupid glitched mod," Cole says followed immediately by a cry of terror....

"Oh My God! My legs are broken!" He yells as I watch his body fall to the ground and produce a hatchet. I begin to laugh.

"That's Dr. Ivan, the super zombie," I say through my chuckles, "You are on your own man, I'm not coming out there."

"Screw you man! What super zombie?!?! Oh god he won't die!" Cole is hatcheting Dr. Ivan as fast as the animation will allow.

"Die die die! You will fall to the mighty hatchet!" He shouts. The prone hatchet wielding survivor is a scene that brings tears of delight to my eyes. Cole hatchets Dr. Ivan's kneecaps repeatedly before finally succumbing to the doctor's ill effects.

-8 minutes later-
    Cole is dead and I'm just finishing up looting. I peak outside again to where Cole lost his short life
    "Hey dude," I say while laughing, "Ivan's still humping your body."

---------------------------
    I hope you enjoyed a new player's first romp through Dayz Origins as much as I enjoyed watching this scene unfold. I'm happy to report Cole now knows he needs a little more than a hatchet to effectively neutralize Patient Zero.

That said, he won't kill Dr. Ivan with a hatchet. He ain't that good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FatherSarge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well... he was lucky to get an ivan killing him... they are really rare dude

Thanks
    Is it even worth it to kill him these days?

Use to get a GPS or some lvl 2 blueprints or lvl 3.

Since he's very rare you'd think it'd be good loot like that everytime instead of a Toolbox or Entrenching tool. lol

Thanks
    I'm happy ivan was removed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Is it even worth it to kill him these days?

Use to get a GPS or some lvl 2 blueprints or lvl 3.

Since he's very rare you'd think it'd be good loot like that everytime instead of a Toolbox or Entrenching tool. lol
    At least you got something from him.. I have seen Ivan ONCE since the Orizombies patch 1.0...ONCE. So I kill him hoping to get some lvl 2 plans. NOTHING was on him.

We need a better way to get lvl 2 blueprints....

Thanks
    Wow this actually got attention in Sept? Damn, this was on 1.7 (or whatever came before 1.7.5) so there was still plenty of ivans to be killed by

Thanks
    Nicely... this individual had been blessed to have an ivan killing your ex... they may be actually rare boy.